What’s in the Mental Health First Aid Awareness Course?
Our Mental Health First Aid training course is built to OSHA and Canada standards. Each class contains sections on causes of mental illness, signs and symptoms of mental illness, response, and debunking myths. This presentation includes intermittent practice quiz questions to prepare for the final written exam included with the course. In addition to the written exam, this course also includes a checklist for employers to use when administering a practical exam as required by OSHA.
Estimated Training Length: Because everyone learns and progresses at different speeds, the amount of time you spend taking this training will vary. However, the estimated time for this training is 120 – 150 min.
OSHA Requirements: This course meets the following OSHA Requirements:
- OSH Act of 1970, Section 5(a)(1), General Duty Clause – “Each employer — (1) shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees; (2) shall comply with occupational safety and health standards promulgated under this Act.”
Why Take Our Online Mental Health First Aid Training Program?
Our HR training course provide substantial, thorough, and effective courses that help employees stay safe and productive. We have fine-tuned this training to provide learners with the best experience possible. Our robust training approach gives an interactive experience that helps learners retain information and apply it in the workplace.
This course also includes a guided discussion that can serve as a practical evaluation that employers can use to encourage conversation about how their workplace can remain safe, inclusive, and professional.
Human resources training is an investment. We’ve been providing industry-specific training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. That is why hundreds of companies and individuals all over the world trust the Hard Hat Training Series for their online training needs.
Why Buy Our Online Mental Health First Aid Training?
- Complete Training: First and foremost our goal is to keep you safe and save you money. Don't risk getting expensive OSHA fines because you settled for a sub-par training program that didn't cover safety topics in depth. Train using a program that helps you retain what is learned so that it is put into practice on job sites.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring a trainer to come on-site can be expensive. In contrast, our online curriculum lowers costs while still providing a professional training experience.
- Records Tracking System: We offer an easy-to-use management system so that if you have multiple students who are receiving the training you can have access to all records, all-terrain certificates, observation guides and more! (contact us if you would like us to quickly create a company account for you)
- Train Your Way: You can use this online training program for new hire training, refresher training or train remotely. Access it from anywhere and work on your schedule.
- Interactive Learning: Special reminders and quiz questions throughout the course prep students for the final exam so that it is passed the first time.
- Corporate License: Do you want to host this course on your own server? Contact us about obtaining broadcasting rights for this and any of our other online courses.
Why Do I Need Mental Health First Aid Safety Training?
OSHA doesn’t have a specific standard for mental health training. However, under the General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, employers are required to provide a workplace that “is free from recognizable hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious harm to employees.”
Canada also does not have a specific standards regarding mental health. However, the Employment Equity Act and the Canadian Human Rights Act allow employees to not be discriminated against and have an equal chance to work, no matter their race, gender, age, or disability.
Because of these requirements, employers have a legal and ethical obligation to develop and maintain a workplace that is free from hazards associated with mental health. Employees have the right to work in an atmosphere that promotes the safety and well-being of all.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a mental health first aider do?
As a mental health first aider, you identify, understand, and respond to people displaying signs of mental illness and addiction.
What skills do you need to be a mental health first aider?
Anyone can be a mental health first aider with the proper training. With our training course, you will be taught the skills you need to identify and respond to people who are in need of help.
How do I become mental health first aid certified?
To become mental health first aid certified, you need to complete classroom instruction and a practical evaluation. Following classroom instruction, you will take a written exam. You will need to pass both the written and practical exams before getting certified.
What do you do in a mental health first aid course?
In a mental health first aid course, you will learn about what causes mental illness along with accompanying signs and symptoms. You will also learn what actions you should take in a mental health emergency. Finally, you get to put your knowledge to the test in discussing how to respond to real mental health emergencies.