Focus Four Training
Looking for a cost-effective and convenient way to offer for your employees or customers? Our training program (available on CD, USB Drive, or via Instant Download) provides simple instructions with all the tools necessary to train and certify your employees and make them regulation compliant. Learn more about what comes with the kit.
Our Focus Four training course is regulation compliant. Each class contains sections on falls, electrocution, struck by, and caught-in/between. During this training, we will be taking a look at the leading causes of construction employee deaths in the United States. The first topic we will cover is falls. Falls may happen on the ground from slipping or tripping on a working surface.
The majority of falls that cause death, however, happen at heights. The second topic we will look at is electrocution. This will include general information on what electrocution hazards are and how they occur, possible sources of electrocution on the worksite, and protective measures that will protect employees from being electrocuted. The third topic we will go over is struck by. Employees are exposed to falling objects, loads, and heavy machinery on most worksites, so there needs to be protective measures in place. The final topic we will cover is caught-in/between accidents. This includes protecting employees from being squashed, crushed, or stuck in machinery, equipment, or structures.
This presentation includes intermittent practice quiz questions to prepare for the final written exam included with the course. In addition to the written exam, this course also includes a checklist for employers to use when administering a practical exam as required by OSHA.
Estimated Training Length: Because everyone learns and progresses at different speeds, the amount of time you spend taking this training will vary. However, the estimated time for this training is 3 – 4 hours.
OSHA Standards: This course meets the following OSHA standards:
- 1926.501 – Duty to have fall protection.
- 1926.502 – Fall protection systems criteria and practices
- 1926.503 – Training Requirements
- 1910.29 – Fall protection systems and falling object protection-criteria and practices
- 1910.28 – Safety requirements for scaffolding
- 1910 App C- Personal Fall Arrest System
- 1910.67 – Vehicle-mounted elevating and rotating work platform
- 1910.140 – Personal fall protection systems
- Subpart E – Scaffolds, Ladders, and Other Working Surfaces
- Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment
- 1915.159 Personal fall arrest systems (PFAS)
- 1915.160 Positioning device systems
- 1917.112 – Guarding of edges
- 1917.117 – Manlifts
- 1917.118 – Fixed ladders
- 1918.22 – Gangways
- 1918.32 – Stowed cargo and temporary landing surfaces
- 1918.35 – Open hatches
- 1918.36 – Weather deck rails
- 1926.400 – Introduction.
- 1926.402 – Applicability. .
- 1926.403 – General requirements. .
- 1926.404 – Wiring design and protection. .
- 1926.405 – Wiring methods, components, and equipment for general use.
- 1926.406 – Specific purpose equipment and installations.
- 1926.407 – Hazardous (classified) locations.
- 1926.408 – Special systems.
- 1926.416 – General requirements.
- 1926.417 – Lockout and tagging of circuits.
- 1926.431 – Maintenance of equipment.
- 1926.432 – Environmental deterioration of equipment.
- 29 CFR 1910.28 – Protection from falling and falling objects hazards
- 29 CFR 1910.132 – Personal protective equipment
- 29 CFR 1926.50 – Medical services and first aid
- 29 CFR 1926.759 – Steel erection falling object protection
- 29 CFR 1926.451 – Scaffolding falling object protection
- 29 CFR 1926.200 – Accident prevention signs
- 29 CFR 1926.1425 – Keeping clear of the load
- ANSI/ISEA 121-2018
- 29 CFR 1910.147 – Lockout/Tagout
- 29 CFR 1910.269 – Electric Power Generation, Transmission, & Distribution
- 29 CFR 1910.243 – Guarding of Portable Powered Tools
- 29 CFR 1910.333 – Electrical Work Practices
- 29 CFR 1926.300 – Hand and Power Tools General Requirements
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P – Excavations
Not quite what you need? We also offer an online focus four hazards training course. Corporate broadcast licenses are also available so you can make the training materials available on your network to branches across the country.
What’s in the Focus Four Hazards Training Kit?
Our DIY Kits are designed to give a robust and thorough way to provide training to employees. All kits are built and updated by our experts using the most recent standards and guidelines, so you can be assured you are using the best practices and latest safety principles put in place by regulatory bodies. We have fine-tuned our kits to provide you with the best experience possible. They include accident profiles, videos, and other tools to help learners retain information and apply it on the job site, preventing tragic accidents or costly fines.
DIY Kit's Contents: Each safety training kit differs slightly. But, generally speaking, they consist of (but are not limited to) the following materials
- Pertinent standards and regulations
- The main PowerPoint presentation
- A quick-reference guide
- Written exams with answer keys
- Practical evaluation checklist
- Pre-shift inspection booklets
- Classroom forms for proper recordkeeping
- Full-sized certificates and wallet card templates
Safety training is an investment. We’ve been providing industry-specific safety training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. That is why hundreds of companies and individuals all over the world trust the Hard Hat Training Series for their online training needs.
Program Features: Why DIY Training kits might be right for you & work company
- Unlimited Use (and Re-use): Your program (and all printable course materials) can be used again and again for no extra cost!
- Personal Branding: You are now the authority with CDs and PPT presentations that you can brand personally.
- Complete Customizability: Need to edit information for your specific industry or job site? You have TOTAL freedom to customize this meet your needs.
- Professional Grade: You'll receive the exact same training CDs we use for our own on-site programs.
- Industry-Leading Value: This program is the most thorough you can find, and at a price that meets your budget.
- Accessibility: Materials can be downloaded for immediate use (save them on your computer or flash drive, or burn them to a CD).
- Up-to-Date Information: All of our programs are updated to reflect the latest industry regulations.
- Total Convenience: All of our Hard Hat Training programs are straightforward, easy to present, and easy to understand.
Implementation: Simply use the materials in the PPT (PowerPoint) Training Kit to
- Conduct the training.
- Administer the exam.
- Issue certificates immediately to those who passed.
Why You Need Focus Four Hazards Training:
While a license is not required in the U.S., certification is required by OSHA. Most importantly, our training and the included exams will help you get certified fast.
There are no reviews yet.