What's in the HazCom Course for Canada?
Our Hazard Communication training course is Canada compliant. This presentation includes intermittent practice quiz questions to prepare for the final written exam included with the course. In addition to the written exam, this course also includes a checklist for employers to use when administering a practical exam.
Training Scope: Each class contains the following information:
- Safety Data Sheets
- 16 GHS-compliant sections
- Chemical Labels
- Required elements of supplier and workplace labels
- Written Hazard Communication Program
- 6 elements of an effective safety program
- Workplace Safety
- Investigated Case Studies
- Understand the importance of Hazard Communication and how it applies to your workplace
- Recognize chemical hazards so that employers and employees know what they are working with, how it could harm them, and how to protect themselves
- Know how to read and understand safety data sheets and chemical labels
- Understand how to create a safe workplace through a written hazard communication plan
Estimated Training Length: Because everyone learns and progresses at different speeds, the amount of time you spend taking this training will vary. However, the estimated time for this training is 1.5 – 2 hours.
Canada Standards: This course meets the following Canada standards:
- WHMIS 2.0 for Workers (2015)
- B.C. – WHMIS Regulation
- Ontario – WHMIS Regulation
- Alberta – OHS Regulation
- Manitoba – Workplace Safety and Health Regulations
- Saskatchewan – OHS Regulation
- Canada – Hazardous Materials Information Review Regulations
- WHMIS is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
Why Take Our Online HazCom Safety Training - Canada?
Our online training course provides a substantial, thorough, and effective way to learn how to work safely. We’ve been providing industry-specific safety training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years.
The online course meets the classroom requirement for occupational safety training. It also includes a proficiency checklist that employers can use to perform a practical evaluation, in accordance with standards and regulations.
We have fine-tuned this training to provide you with the best experience possible. Our robust training approach gives an interactive experience that helps learners retain information and apply it on the job site, preventing costly accidents and fines. Safety training is an investment. That is why hundreds of companies and individuals all over the world trust the Hard Hat Training Series for their online training needs.
Why Buy Our Online HazCom Training?
- Complete Training: Our goal is to keep you safe and save you money. Train using a program that helps you retain what is learned so that it is put into practice on job sites.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring a trainer to come on site can be expensive. That is why we developed our online curriculum to lower costs while still providing a professional training experience. (Check out our bulk pricing tiers below!)
- Records Tracking System: We offer an easy to use management system. If you have multiple students who are receiving the training you can have access to all records, certificates, observation guides and more! (Contact us if you would like us to quickly create a company account for you)
- Train Your Way: You can use this online training program for new hire training, refresher training or to train remotely. Access it from anywhere and work on your schedule.
- Interactive Learning: Special reminders and quiz questions throughout the course prep students for the final exam so that it is passed the first time.
- Corporate License: Do you want to host this course on your own server? Contact us about obtaining broadcasting rights for this and any of our other online courses.
Save Big By Buying Course Seats (Credits) In Bulk!
When you purchase (credits) you are essentially buying seats in a virtual classroom. You may assign any employee(s) to any class(es) at any time until those (seats) have all been assigned.
Whether you are looking to save on a few guys or your whole crew, we make it affordable for everyone to get safety training. These discounts are available on all of our online trainings! Look below to see the breakdown of what you can save when you buy your course seats (credits) in bulk with Hard Hat Training.
|★ MOST POPULAR ★
First time training with us, and have fewer than 25 guys to train? No problem, give us a call and we can get you set up with introductory pricing.
Note: You must call to be approved for the bulk discounts above. (208)252-5331
Wanting to train a group of employees with just one online training? It’s easy to do!
- You let us know the names of the employees that need training.
- We set everything up and send you the group login and an invoice.
- We also send you the exam, answer key and a practical exam guide.
- You log them in and start the training, then administer the exam.
- Once done, let us know. We send the certificate and wallet card.
Fill out the form below and we will get it set up for you.
What does each online class cover?
A specific table of contents per course can be viewed under the image to your left. Generally speaking, though, each course covers the following: 1. Overview of the Course/Introduction to the Equipment 2. Anatomy including pre-shift inspections 3. Stability Principles 4. Common Hazards/Accident Profiles 5. Safe Operation 6. Rigging and Hand Signals (for crane courses only).
How long is the course?
Trainees go at their own pace, but in general each class (including the exam) takes anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours. We recommend planning for two or more so you don’t end up rushing through the exam.
Are these courses compliant in Canada?
Yes, all of our Hard Hat Training online courses were built and continue to be updated by our trainers and inspectors using Canadian guidelines.
Are the e-learning classes up-to-date with Canadian standards?
Yes, all of our Hard Hat Training online courses are up-to-date with the latest standards. As standards change, we make changes to the courses. If you purchase any of our online courses outright, though, it will then be your responsibility to update the course in accordance with any changes to the standard.
Does this course certify or qualify me?
There is a lot of confusion among operators and even companies about what it means to be certified or qualified. Simply put, no, a course does not certify anyone, only an employer does. Or, in other words, because it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure an employee is properly trained, it is also his or her responsibility to say when the employee is “certified,” “qualified,” or “competent.” The online courses, like our training kits on CD or even live training via a 3rd party, is just a tool to help them in doing so.
All operators of heavy equipment must receive operator training. Proper training must include a classroom portion including a written exam, as well as a practical hands-on portion/exam wherein the operator is observed operating the machine. The online course satisfies the required classroom portion of the training. Upon completion of the course and written exam, the safety administrator of the company will receive a checklist which can be used to observe the trainee on the machine. When done successfully, the administrator signs the bottom of the form. At this point, unless further training is required by your employer, you have done everything required to be considered by your employer as “certified,” “qualified,” or “competent.”
If I pass this class and exam can I take my certification and get a job anywhere?
See “Does this course certify me?” This will depend on your employer. Remember, it is their responsibility to see that you are trained and if there is ever an accident, it is they who will have to prove that they trained you sufficiently. Because of this, while some smaller businesses may simply accept your certificate and a copy of your test, more often than not they will require you to go through their own training program. This is their right to do so. It is their further responsibility to train you in accordance with the job, site, equipment, etc. Having said that, we have fielded many calls from potential employers who wanted to learn more about the classroom portion of the training we offered. After hearing our explanation, they accepted the online class as satisfying the classroom portion of the required training and proceeded to do their own practical.
How long is the training good for?
Standards dictate that safety certification needs to be completed at least once every three years. Since no online course can provide “certification,” these courses will combine with your onsite practical training to fulfill requirements for up to three years. Having said that, refresher training is required sooner if an employee changes sites or jobs, is asked to operate a different type of the equipment, is involved in a near-miss or accident, or is observed operating the machine in a dangerous manner.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, upon successful completion of the course and exam, you will have immediate electronic access to your test, a certificate, and a checklist you can use for the practical hands-on portion of the training. Simply print them off.
How many people can use this course? Can I play it for several employees at the same time?
When a course is assigned to an employee, only that employee can take the course. There are many reasons for this, but most importantly the course is designed to train that one employee per federal regulations. Also, there is a final written exam at the end that will be linked to the trainee assigned. Proof of training is required, and, if multiple people were to sit in on that one course, they would not get credit for taking it.
Can I customize the classes?
Your business’s learning portal can be completely customized for your employees including colors and logo. Additionally, if you purchase our courses outright to be used on your own company LMS (learning management system), you also get the right to rebuild them and customize them to meet your own needs. If you have Adobe Captivate, which we use to build our courses, customization is even easier.
Are SCORM/Tin Can options available for use on our own company LMS?
All of our online courses are designed to be SCORM-compatible and can be easily uploaded to your company’s current SCORM-friendly LMS. You can license their use annually or purchase them outright. Licensing or purchasing them outright does not, however, give you the right to resell or distribute our courses to parties other than those whom you are training.
If we buy or license the eLearning courses for use on our own LMS, can you customize them for us?
Yes, we have done and continue to do this for clients. Pricing depends on the extent of customization requested. Please contact us for a quote.
Do you offer unlimited training options?
We are currently working on an unlimited training subscription option, but it is not quite ready to go. In the meantime, we offer tiered and custom pricing based on the size of your company and the number of different training courses you will be accessing.
Can I resell these trainings?
We do have resale options available. Click here to contact us regarding resale opportunities.