What's in the Maritime Fall Protection in Spanish Course?
Our Maritime Fall Protection training course is OSHA compliant, and our online version fulfills OSHA’s classroom training requirement. This presentation includes intermittent practice quiz questions to prepare for the final written exam included with the course. In addition to the written exam, this course also includes a checklist for employers to use when administering a practical exam as required by OSHA.
- Understand the importance fall protection in the maritime industry and how it affects you
- Become familiar with fall protection equipment and proper inspection and use of it
- Understand how fall prevention systems work
- Learn safe operations when working at heights and rescue plans for emergency situations
Estimated Training Length: Because everyone learns and progresses at different speeds, the amount of time you spend taking this training will vary. However, the estimated time for this training is 2.5-3 hours.
OSHA Standards: This course meets the following OSHA standards:
- 29 CFR 1915 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Shipyard Employment
- Subpart E – Scaffolds, Ladders, and Other Working Surfaces
- Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment
- 159 Personal fall arrest systems (PFAS)
- 160 Positioning device systems
- 29 CFR 1917 Marine Terminals
- 112 – Guarding of edges
- 117 – Manlifts
- 118 – Fixed ladders
- 29 CFR 1918 Safety and Health Regulations for Longshoring
- 22 – Gangways
- 32 – Stowed cargo and temporary landing surfaces
- 35 – Open hatches
- 36 – Weather deck rails
- 29 CFR 1926 - Construction Industry
- 501 – Duty to have fall protection.
- 502 – Fall protection systems criteria and practices
- 503 – Training Requirements
- 29 CFR 1910 - General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 29 – Fall protection systems and falling object protection-criteria and practices
- 28 – Safety requirements for scaffolding
- 1910 App C– Personal Fall Arrest System
- 67 – Vehicle-mounted elevating and rotating work platform
- 140 – Personal fall protection systems
Why Take Our Maritime Fall Protection Training Online Course?
Our online training course provides a substantial, thorough, and effective way to learn how to work safely. We’ve been providing industry-specific safety training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years.
The online course meets the classroom requirement for occupational safety training. It also includes a proficiency checklist that employers can use to perform a practical evaluation, in accordance with standards and regulations.
We have fine-tuned this training to provide you with the best experience possible. Our robust training approach gives an interactive experience that helps learners retain information and apply it on the job site, preventing costly accidents and fines. Safety training is an investment. That is why hundreds of companies and individuals all over the world trust the Hard Hat Training Series for their online training needs.
Why Buy Our Maritime Fall Protection Training Online Course?
- Complete Training: Our goal is to keep you safe and save you money. Train using a program that helps you retain what is learned so that it is put into practice on job sites.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring a trainer to come on site can be expensive. That is why we developed our online curriculum to lower costs while still providing a professional training experience. (Check out our bulk pricing tiers below!)
- Records Tracking System: We offer an easy to use management system. If you have multiple students who are receiving the training you can have access to all records, certificates, observation guides and more! (Contact us if you would like us to quickly create a company account for you)
- Train Your Way: You can use this online training program for new hire training, refresher training or to train remotely. Access it from anywhere and work on your schedule.
- Interactive Learning: Special reminders and quiz questions throughout the course prep students for the final exam so that it is passed the first time.
- Corporate License: Do you want to host this course on your own server? Contact us about obtaining broadcasting rights for this and any of our other online courses.
¡Obtenga su sucursal personalizada hoy!
Gerentes: ¡Tomen el control completo de su capacitación en entrenamientos para la seguridad solicitando su sucursal/rama personalizada ahora! Responderemos dentro de un día hábil. ¿Lo necesitas ahora? Llámenos al 208-252-5331 para obtener asistencia inmediata.
Descuentos por mayoreo
¡Ahorre a lo grande con descuentos por mayoreo!
Ya sea que esté buscando capacitar a algunos muchachos o a todo su equipo, nosotros hacemos que sea asequible para todos obtener capacitación en seguridad. ¡Estos descuentos están disponibles en todas nuestras capacitaciones/entrenamientos en línea! Mire a continuación para ver el desglose de lo que puede ahorrar al comprar sus cursos al por mayor con Hard Hat Training.
¿Es su primera vez con nosotros y tiene menos de 25 muchachos para entrenar? No hay problema, llámenos y podemos configurarlo con un precio de lanzamiento.
Nota: Debe llamar para ser aprobado para los descuentos por mayor antes mencionados. (208)252-5331
¿Quiere formar a un grupo de empleados con solo un solo curso en linea? ¡Es facil de hacer!
- Indíquenos los nombres de los empleados que necesitan capacitación.
- Nosotros configuraremos todo y le enviaremos el inicio de sesión del grupo y una factura.
- También le enviaremos el examen, la clave de respuestas y una guía práctica del examen.
- Usted los registrara y comienzara la capacitación, y luego administrara el examen.
- Una vez hecho esto, avísenos. Nosotros le enviaremos el certificado y la tarjeta para la billetera.
Complete el formulario a continuación si desea mas informacion y asi podremos ayudarle mejor!
What does each online class cover?
Generally speaking, each course covers the following: 1. Overview of the Course/Introduction to the Equipment 2. Anatomy, including pre-shift inspections 3. Stability Principles 4. Common Hazards/Accident Profiles 5. Safe Operation 6. Rigging and Hand Signals (for crane courses only).
How long is the course?
Trainees go at their own pace, but in general each class (including the exam) takes anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours. We recommend planning for two or more so you don’t end up rushing through the exam.
Are these courses OSHA-compliant?
Yes, all of our Hard Hat Training online courses were built and continue to be updated by our trainers and inspectors using OSHA and ANSI guidelines. But it is important to understand that by OSHA-compliant, we mean it follows to the best of our ability the best practices and safety principles put forth by OSHA. In an online format, it is not possible to cover every code for every situation or hazard across every industry. For this reason, our safety training solutions are tools to further knowledge and help employers train and/or certify their crew. But just because a course or program is OSHA-compliant it does not necessarily mean a company as a whole will be compliant or avoid citation if OSHA were to audit them. There is so much more that goes into collective company compliance with OSHA. For example, workers need to be observed applying in the field what they learned in the classroom. This observation/practical exam should be done by trainers, supervisors, or other designated competent persons. Whether you use our training kits or online courses, we provide guides to help employers do this. Other things that need to be done for ultimate compliance may include but are not limited to: addressing with your crew any gaps in the training or additional hazards or principles specific to your work situation; creating, training on, and enforcing and abiding by written safety programs (also known as plans or procedures); and performing regular inspections and risk assessments.
Are the e-learning classes up-to-date with OSHA standards?
Yes, all of our Hard Hat Training online courses are up-to-date with the latest OSHA standards. As standards change, we make changes to the courses. If you purchase any of our online courses outright, though, it will then be your responsibility to update the course in accordance with any changes to the standard.
Does this course certify or qualify me?
There is a lot of confusion among operators and even companies about what it means to be certified or qualified. Simply put, no, a course does not certify anyone, only an employer does. Or, in other words, because it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure an employee is properly trained, it is also his or her responsibility to say when the employee is “certified,” “qualified,” or “competent.” The online courses, like our training kits on CD or USB Drive or even live training via a 3rd party, is just a tool to help them in doing so.
According to OSHA, all operators of heavy equipment must receive operator training. Proper training must include a classroom portion including a written exam, as well as a practical hands-on portion/exam wherein the operator is observed operating the machine. The online course satisfies the required classroom portion of the training. Upon completion of the course and written exam, the safety administrator of the company will receive a checklist which can be used to observe the trainee on the machine. When done successfully, the administrator signs the bottom of the form. At this point, unless further training is required by your employer, you have done everything required by OSHA to be considered by your employer as “certified,” “qualified,” or “competent.”
If I pass this class and exam can I take my certification and get a job anywhere?
See “Does this course certify me?” This will depend on your employer. Remember, it is their responsibility to see that you are trained and if there is ever an accident, it is they who will have to prove to OSHA that they trained you sufficiently. Because of this, while some smaller businesses may simply accept your certificate and a copy of your test, more often than not they will require you to go through their own training program. This is their right to do so. It is their further responsibility to train you in accordance with the job, site, equipment, etc. Having said that, we have fielded many calls from potential employers who wanted to learn more about the classroom portion of the training we offered. After hearing our explanation, they accepted the online class as satisfying the classroom portion of the required training and proceeded to do their own practical.
How long is the training good for?
OSHA standards dictate that safety certification needs to be completed at least once every three years. Since no online course can provide “certification,” these courses will combine with your onsite practical training to fulfill OSHA’s requirements for up to three years. Having said that, refresher training is required sooner if an employee changes sites or jobs, is asked to operate a different type of the equipment, is involved in a near-miss or accident, or is observed operating the machine in a dangerous manner.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, upon successful completion of the course and exam, you will have immediate electronic access to your test, a certificate, and a checklist you can use for the practical hands-on portion of the training. Simply print them off.
How many people can use this course? Can I play it for several employees at the same time?
When a course is assigned to an employee, only that employee can take the course. There are many reasons for this, but most importantly the course is designed to train that one employee per OSHA regulations. Also, there is a final written exam at the end that will be linked to the trainee assigned. OSHA requires proof of training and if multiple people were to sit in on that one course, they would not get credit for taking it.
Can I customize the classes?
Your business’s learning portal can be completely customized for your employees including colors and logo. Additionally, if you purchase our courses outright to be used on your own company LMS (learning management system), you also get the right to rebuild them and customize them to meet your own needs. If you have Adobe Captivate, which we use to build our courses, customization is even easier.
Are SCORM/Tin Can options available for use on our own company LMS?
All of our online courses are designed to be SCORM-compatible and can be easily uploaded to your company’s current SCORM-friendly LMS. You can license their use annually or purchase them outright. Licensing or purchasing them outright does not, however, give you the right to resell or distribute our courses to parties other than those whom you are training.
If we buy or license the eLearning courses for use on our own LMS, can you customize them for us?
Yes, we have done and continue to do this for clients. Pricing depends on the extent of customization requested. Please contact us for a quote.
Can I resell these trainings?
We do have resale options available. Click here to contact us regarding resale opportunities.