We are a small, family-oriented business that specializes in safety training and the designing of training materials. Our online training classes and training kits are used by companies across the country. We are nine years old, so this is an opportunity to be a part of building and growing a business.
Office Assistant Position – New
Designer/Marketing – Position Will Be Open Soon
Position: Office Assistant Position
We are a small, family-oriented business that specializes in OSHA-compliant safety training, as well as the designing of eLearning courses and other training materials. Our online training classes and training kits are used by companies across the globe.
We are looking for someone to assist our office manager by performing various tasks related to all aspects of our business, including those related to the safety side of the industries we serve (construction, maritime, general industry). More specifically, this position will assist with tasks including but not limited to: customer support (chat, email, phone), order fulfillment, content creation, blog postings, and social media posts. As far as content creation goes, we build training programs from scratch. The person hired must be able to research at a high level and have excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Attention to detail is a must.
• 3/4 -Time to Full-Time, depending on applicant
• A typical day starts at 8 am.
• Largely depends on experience, but applicants can expect $8-$12/hour to start
(insurance through a health savings account, paid vacation available for full-time, permanent employees)
Primary Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Support (phones, emails, chats, invoicing, orders)
- Content creation using various eLearning systems
- Basic Payroll/Bookkeeping/Collections (will train as needed)
- Office Work (finalizing kits, publishing online courses)
- Heavy emphasis on technical writing and research as it pertains to safety rules, regulations, heavy equipment, construction/maritime/general industry
- Creating/Editing training scripts and courses using PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Updating blogs, social media, etc.
- Designing materials using Adobe Creative Suite (will train as needed)
- Personable, Respectful, Honest, Hardworking, Reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills, ability to research thoroughly
- Drive to succeed
- Creative yet professional
- Ability to work hard when doing monotonous tasks
- Initiative, willing to find work, find ways to make us better
A plus if you have experience with:
- Web site work (WordPress, SEO)
- Graphic Design
- Any experience (direct or indirect) with construction, heavy equipment, OSHA, or the like.
- Also, bilingual Spanish is a definite advantage since we have Spanish-speaking customers and are often translating our programs.
Please send a cover letter and resume (Attn: Tyler) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line. Your cover letter can be in the body of the email. We’ll be in contact for an interview if we feel that you are the right candidate. Please do not stop in. Students welcome to apply.